Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting...



We are on baby watch around here. Like my other two children, this baby is showing no interest in meeting her mother. I tried to have Emma baby talk to my belly to see if maybe her sweet little voice would encourage some progress. Obviously, our efforts were in vain but now Emma is constantly pulling up my shirt and trying to speak to my stomach - not really a great new activity when grocery shopping, at the library, or in church. Emma is also convinced that my stretched belly button is baby Lucy's ear. What strange, disturbing thoughts that child has!



In the meantime, we will continue to wait. I am trying to take things easy - hence the lack of activity on this blog. We are enjoying the warm weather, the sunshine, and the opportunity to get a few chores and projects accomplished before Baby Lucy finally decides to arrive.

Some of the highlights from the past week:

1) I had a fantastic birthday thanks to my wonderful husband and children. Well, Emma was actually a bit of a grump the entire day, but Matthew was so sweet and caring that it warmed my heart. This is the first year that one of my children legitimately cared about whether my birthday was special or not. Matthew loved getting preparations ready with Paul and was especially concerned about my presents and cake. At the end of the day, he came up to me, leaned against me with his arm around my shoulders and asked: "Did you have a good birthday, Mommy?" Such a sweet boy!

2) Paul replaced the trim around the garage door. It was an all-day affair, but it was something that needed to be done and had been bugging him for ages. The kids enjoyed watching him work and "helping" on occasion. Emma loved hammering the concrete.

3) Matthew and I had a mother-son date night and went to see his best friend in "Beauty and the Beast." It was the cutest show and Matthew laughed and clapped his way through the entire production, telling me at several points during the program: "I like this play, Mommy!" He was quite perturbed when the show ended and we had to go home.

4) I took the kids on a shopping outing and we picked out some clothes for my upcoming "fourth trimester" as well as some sunglasses for Matthew. Of course, he chose ninja turtle glasses. Both kids also replaced their bubble machine from last summer with two "bubble guns" that blow hundreds of bubbles at the push of a button. The toy has been a big hit, especially with Emma who asks to play with hers all the time.


And in the midst of the beautiful weather, the closing of the school year, and the promise of a summer full of fun activity, we wait impatiently for our third baby to grace us with her presence. Hurry and come, baby Lucy! We can't wait to see you!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you & for Lucy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke was hammering our garage floor this weekend too! Good luck with the wait!!

    ReplyDelete